Friday, June 24, 2022

OBiTalk/Poly "support": forums, hidden "email" form.

https://www.poly.com/us/en/support/contact/email-support#


OBiTalk/Poly support. That's it. Message just sent (no URL allowed):


After problems getting my new box working, it fails repeatedly. Finally I started unplugging and replugging to "reboot". It might work but fail again with cryptic messages like: has not received response from service provider; 603. Aren't you the service provider. Are you experiencing outages? If so, how can we check that? I posted on my tech blog: Feedback just sent to Poly at its request about the Polycom OBi200:

The OBiTalk tech person was good. But the OBiTalk website is terrible and you sent a new box, which needed your most recent firmware just so I could register and try to connect. You shipped a box which had not been updated to the needed firmware from eleven months before. And the instructions on how to update are buried in a forum in the bowels of your website. Ridiculous and unacceptable.

Oh, and I waited on the phone for an hour before the tech person answered.
________________________

No comments: