Monday, February 5, 2018

Altice One set top box turns itself off regularly.

All through the day and certainly overnight. If I use the remote control to turn on the TV, I see this on a blank screen (ignore reflection, the screen is blank):


If there is an "INPUT button" I have no idea where it is; I checked remote and box.

My Altice service started 1/15/18 after moving and switching from Verizon FIOS. Altice is the parent company of Cablevision Optimum.

Altice is probably still learning how its new boxes operate in the real world but I had a tech person out here a couple of days after my service started to address this problem and nothing was actually done and there has been no follow up and the problem persists.

What the heck?

5 comments:

KY said...

I have the same problem.
Apparently Altice One is not ready for the market. The sales staff is not familiar with Altice One and cannot answer questions on their Wifi coverage. I have a 3 story home and Wifi network coverage has always been a challenge. The answer from the sales staff is "Wifi will cover the whole house" Of course it turned out not to be the case even I have 2 additional Minis. Their tech persons also do not know enough of the system to help resolve issues both on the phone as well as in person. Also, they cannot live up to their advertised speed. The upload speed is significantly lower than the download speed which barely made 200. Their claim of 300 is not achievable. The last tech guy who came to the house suggest that I go back to their "Legacy" system and wait until the Altice system issues are all resolved.

Unknown said...

Same issue... I just moved to Altice and our system shuts off every 2 to 3 hrs. How do we correct this issue.

Unknown said...

I am experiencing the same problen and was looking for a setting to adjust a timer somewhere...but did not find it...also switched from FIOS...so I manually turn the set box power, every few hours.

joegpsm said...

I"m having the same problem. Can't find anything about it on the optimum website. Anyone know how to stop the boxes from turning off after a few hours? Thank you!

joegpsm said...

I'm having the same problem. Can't find anything on the optimum website. Anyone have any idea on how to top the box from turning off after a few hours?