Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Returned second Pixelbook ($300 off) this year.

Who actually wants Android apps on Chromebooks? TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2018

Pixelbook returned: not compelling and 2-in-1 laptops are silly. TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018

I bought a Pixelbook again because it was $300 off. I haven't returned it yet. Unlike pretty much all reviewers I'm not all that impressed.
__________________________

I returned my second Pixelbook last night. Even at $699, $300 off, it wasn't worth it. Read my other two posts above.

I don't understand mixing a PC experience with that of a mobile device whose OS is designed for a small touch screen to run crappy little apps that do limited discreet functions not necessarily well.

Early on stuff like Microsoft Office was made to run on small mobile devices. Why? It's stupid. Who wants to create a spreadsheet in a phone or even a tablet?

Even the Google Blogger app on Android sucks. I always regret the few times I try using it and can't wait to get on my Chromebook to fix my post, which must be limited because I don't have decent access to substantial computer programs, not crappy apps.

Last but not least: who REALLY thinks these 2-in-1 flip laptop PCs are a good idea? If you watch a video review, when the PC touch screen is touched it moves backwards. It's not that stable for being touched, which means that you're going to get annoyed or tired of trying it. Even scrolling on the touch screen might become tedious. Maybe I'll actually find out if I get a new Chromebook with a touch screen that is larger than my current 13 inch
Chromebook. And, no, not a flip PC.

No comments: