Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Symantec's Norton Internet Security on Acer netbook.

Symantec has been sending me e-mail messages to determine whether they can close a trouble ticket that I had submitted. Below is my most recent comment to Symantec.

1. Several times have have gotten error 8504, unable to open Norton Internet Security. I followed the instructions, which include restarting, and eventually got the program to open. How unusual is this error condition? 2. How can I determine if Norton Internet Security is running something in the background, possibly slowing down my PC? I have turned off whatever I could find and run LiveUpdate when I first turn on the PC so that I can control when it runs. Symantec should provide more options like prompting before running (background stuff) and provide clear indications of what is running and its effect on system performance.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Kenneth Matinale said...

from Norton Email Support
date Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM
subject Auto Response - Norton Support
hide details 8:34 AM (17 minutes ago)
We're sorry the email you have just sent has come to an automated email box which is not manned and you will not be getting a response from this email address.
To get email help for Norton Products please click on the link: http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/email/email_form.jsp
Regards,
Norton Support
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MAIL, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MAIL