Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Acer netbook problems

Just sent this to Acer about my netbook AOA110:

1. Skype 4.0.0.226 - neither built in, nor external mic/speaker work; they did work but stopped. Windows Sound Recorder works OK with all.

2. SLOW! I checked everything and simply loading a program can take a long time. Turned off auto run of Norton Internet Security LiveUpdate but problem persists. Acer netbook becoming unusable.

After submission Acer showed this:

Our technical support team provides system level support for hardware and pre-installed software only.
E-mail requests are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I forgot to mention the colossally annoying cursor run amok and screen/font size suddenly changing and inability to page up/down. Gee, I'm starting to really hate this netbook. I'm so annoyed that I'm thinking about dumping both my Windows PCs and paying an outrageous amount plus $300 for an Apple MacBook and dumping problems at the nearby Apple store.

I'm really tired of having to know a bunch of junk to do the simplest of tasks: access the Internet. That's all I'm doing with this stupid Acer netbook.

No comments: