Monday, June 15, 2015

Cablevision does not seem to understand why it should not collect Social Security numbers.

Read the two previous posts.  I just received this message and replied:

rom:Cecrdesk CECRDESK@cablevision.com
to:"ken"
date:Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:56 PM
subject:RE: Optimum complaint


Good afternoon Mr. Matinale,
We would like to inform you that we are in receipt of your recent e-mail, which was forwarded to us from the Executive Director of White Plains Cable TV. From the information provided, I am unsure if you wish to proceed with creating an account with us here at Optimum. I have partnered with our Executive Sales staff to investigate the policies and procedures for creating a new account and any misinformation or unprofessional behavior will be handled internally.  If you would like to provide me with your contact telephone number, I would be happy to speak with you by phone.
Please be assured that resolving this situation to your satisfaction is my highest priority. Should you need to reach me while I work on your behalf, please don’t hesitate to contact me at CECRDesk@Cablevision.com or (631) 846-5317 between 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM, seven days a week.
Respectfully,

Thomas Hagzan
Corporate Executive Customer Relations
Cablevision

Reply:

Thanks for reaching out.  I'll call you.  However, the reason I contacted the White Plains municipal body as well as my Congressional representatives was not merely to get service but to raise awareness of a larger issue: private entities collecting individual Social Security numbers.

This is about the right to information and the ability to communicate, especially when service could or would be denied if a customer (citizen) refuses to supply the Social Security number as I did with Cablevision, a service provider.

To make this even do I get your Social Security number or that of James Dolan?

No comments: