Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Netzero is charging $35 restocking fee!

You can't make up stuff like this.

from:  billing@support.netzero.com
sender-time:  Sent at 10:30 PM (GMT-04:00). Current time there: 11:18 PM. ✆
reply-to:  billing@support.netzero.com

date:  Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM
subject:  Confirmation of your NetZero 4G Mobile Broadband device refund
:  Important mainly because of the words in the message.

This email confirms we have received your returned NetZero 4G HotSpot.

We have refunded your account for the cost of the returned device, minus the
$35.00 restocking fee. Your total refund amount is $64.95.
_____________________________________

Read the posts on April 6, 2012.  I called Netzero within minutes to cancel because it was charging $20 shipping on a $100 device (numbers rounded).  Netzero claimed it was too late to stop the shipping and that I had to receive and return it.  I called my lousy bank, Bank of America, to dispute the charge and it has been of zero help, including today when I tried yet again to dispute the outrageous $35 for Netzero to place the unopened item back on the shelf.

Bank of America had also told me to accept delivery.  Big mistake.

And it cost me $11 to return it.  Since Bank of America is not backing me it will cost me $46 to return a $100 that I did not want because Netzero charged me $20 for shipping.  That's a total of $66 I've paid for nothing but aggravation.

Shame on Bank of America and Netzero.

No comments: