1. Google should have its own sync programs.
2. What the heck is the deal with Suggested Contacts? At least let the user turn that off.
3. Contacts does not even handle discrete address fields: state, zip, etc. That is primitive.
4. Categories or as google calls them groups: sync them! Plus, putting an individual contact into a google group works intermittently.
5. Google contacts cannot be searched on a value that may appear anywhere as can be done in Yahoo.
6. Importing contacts from Yahoo was a disaster. Google should make that a priority if it wants to bring people over from Yahoo.
There's a lot more wrong with Contacts. I am amazed that google gets away with this.